The Missing Expression


Sometimes is easy when someone else writes something and you can find yourself in their words, even if is something you felt a long time ago, you read it and you remember your own feelings right away, maybe not in every word but in most of them... It just happens and for a second it all comes back.


It happened and here it is.


I Miss You Already

       by Gaby Dunn.
(text paraphrased)

  • I miss you when you go home for the holidays and when you see your childhood friends, your long-time ex who taught you everything about trust and who is the reason you hesitate to get close to people, because you loved her so much and she spent [3] years stomping on your heart and making you work for it in a way you swore you’d never do again. 
  • I miss the you you were before she did her damage and I didn’t even know him, but I wish I had. I miss you when you were 16 years old and I was inappropriate for you anyways but you would have been more vulnerable then and maybe you would be less scared. 
  • I miss the you I never knew.
  • I miss you whenever we are apart because I don’t know what the next encounter will bring and I want it to be better than the last.
  •  I miss you when you are clearly thinking about something but you can’t express it or won’t tell me what it is.
  • I miss you when you’re putting up walls, building defenses because you have no more trust left. I miss you when there’s fear in your voice. Fear of giving in. Of showing your hand. Of missing someone.
  • I miss you when you are right next to me. Because we'll never be the same we were, we'll never have what we already had.

I miss you, of course, when you leave.

---

You can find the full text Here, published March 5th, 2013 on Thought Catalog.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Yo no sé quien soy

Harry Potter: Red Carpet

Reforma hecho feria!